Thursday, March 17, 2011

Spicy Chicken Veggie Soup


Ingredients:
3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast (can skip if you wanna do vegetarian)
1 can of HOT Rotel Tomatoes
1 large can of stewed tomatoes
1 small can of Ortega brand HOT green chilies
1 can of Black Olives
3 cans of Chicken or vegetable broth

1 zucchini
1 bell pepper (any color)
1 bunch of green onions
1 bunch of cilantro
2-3 Jalapenos

1 package of Taco Seasoning

Optional additions
Cauliflower
Onions
Mushrooms
Habeneros
Can of pinto or black beans
Can of corn
Can of red HOT enchilada sauce


I cook the chicken about 50% and chop in pieces.
Get the pot going on the stove with the chicken broth only. Medium heat.
As I cut up the veggies I start with the ones that need the longest cook time, like bell peppers, jalapenos and zucchini. I add them to the broth as I am cutting it.
After all veggies are cut and in the pot, I add the chicken chunks.
Then open the canned items and add them in. Then the taco seasoning.
I let it simmer til veggies are the desired consistency and chicken is cooked through.

Serve in a bowl and garnish with cheese, sour cream or avocado!

No comments:

Post a Comment