Thursday, March 24, 2011

Beanless Chili

I never ever thought I'd be interested in a chili without beans! But on my weight loss program, I can't have beans. I've had to come up with a way to get my "chili fix" without beans! And this is what I've come up with!
This recipe is low cal, low fat, low carb and high protein!

Ingredients 
1 pound of ground turkey
1 can of Rotel tomatoes
1 Bell Pepper
2 Jalapenos
Cummin
Chili powder
Garlic powder
2% Sharp cheese

Cook ground turkey in skillet, when cooked through, add can of tomatoes and pre cooked  bell pepper and jalapenos. Add cummin, chili powder and garlic to taste. Let simmer so all the flavors mix in and absorb into the meat. Top with Cheese!
On my weight loss plan, I have to measure everything. So I do 5 oz of extra lean turkey, 1 cup of tomatoes, half a bell pepper and 2 jalapenos. 1/2 Tbsp Cummin, Chili Powder and Garlic powder. 1 oz of cheese.

This is a Lean and Green option for those on 5&1

2 comments:

  1. This recipe looks good! According to the International Chili Society, beans are strictly forbidden from chili. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I think that's crazy! I love me my beans in my chili! YUMMMM!

    ReplyDelete